Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back in Bendigo

Here I am, now back in Bendigo. To recap, here is what has happened since my last blog.

Sunday the 3rd January. I slept in late as I had little sleep from the night before. The night was hot and muggy. Today was a bit of a do nothing day, except watch the cricket. The aussies were terrible. Even Ponting went for a golden duck.

Monday the 4th. My older sister Pauline came back from Cairns where she had stayed for christmas with her daughter Kirsten. It was nice to see her again. In the evening we went to the Pat Rafter Tennis Center, which is virtually just around the corner from Mum's place, to see the Brisbane International. We saw 2 games. In the first Radek Stepanek from the Czech Republic beat John Millman from Australia. In the next game, Andy Roddick from the USA beat Peter Luczak from Australia. It was my first time watching international tennis. It was a good experience except for a few idiots in the crowd who seemed to think that people only come to tennis to listen to them!!

Tuesday the 5th. I flew back to Melbourne with Virgin Blue. The flight took just over two hours and was pretty smooth except for some turbulence coming into Melbourne. I got back home by 7.00 pm. It was good to be back even though I could not have a hot shower as I had turned off the hot water before I left and I had to clean up the fridge as a bit of mould had gotten in. I was tired by the end of the evening.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...