Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Supersize me.....!!!!"

It's been a while since I updated this blog. The reason for this is that there is not much to blog about. It has been pretty quite and uneventful lately. At Connect Church this morning, we had a visiting pastor get up to preach. He was the same pastor who came 5 months ago and announced that Ps Russell Harper was standing down from his post. Thankfully this time he did not have any particularly dramatic announcements to make. The theme of his message was "Lord, supersize me..". He preached about Joseph in the Old testament. He talked about how the Lord eventually "Supersized" him from being a prisoner to the Prime Minister. He talked about how Joseph never changed his attitude, despite his circumstances. I felt that this was a relevant word for this church as a whole.

It will be rather interesting to see how the Lord outworks this message. In the afternoon I scored myself a new lounge. Some body gave it away. My place is getting cluttered.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...