Thursday, July 8, 2010

First gym session in years

I did not have much to do at work today. I had gotten up early to watch the world cup semi-final between Germany and Spain. Spain won 1-0, which I was happy about.

In the afternoon, i went to the YMCA and had my first gym session in many years. The instructor was a girl named Briley Tonkin. She was very good. She has started me off with a basic program that we can build up as we go along. I am sure the gym work will do me good. It took a couple of weeks to get a medical clearance, but now I can go ahead and hopefully lose some weight.

Last night we had another Shiraz club night. We met at Rod Geri's place again. They now have the Pizza oven working, so we had pizza as well as wine. We also went into the Spa. Dale prentice turned up, which was cool.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...