Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The set top box saga - part 1

After paying my bills, I went to Dick Smith Electronics in the market place to purchase a digital set top box so that I could receive Digital TV. I chose a Sanyo model for two reasons. Firstly it had a 12 months warranty and the store salesman assured me it was good quality. It cost $109.00, so it was a fairly expensive model. I took it home but after connecting it, i could not get it to work properly. The front LED display simply would not come on. I rang the Help line and they said the box must be faulty so I took it back to Dick Smith who gave me a replacement one. I took it home but have not yet installed it. I will do that tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...