Sunday, March 25, 2012

A very busy weekend away

Okay, lets recap the weekend. I had a very busy weekend away in Sydney to go to the wedding of my sister Pauline and Barry Whiley. Pauline and Barry were engaged years ago but for various reasons, had to break it off. Then in 2011 they met up again through Facebook, and decided to get back together and on Saturday the 24th of March 2012, finally got married. The wedding service took place at the Wanda Surf Club which is located on Cronulla Beach. Most of my family and Barry's were there and it was a great night.

Timeline.

On friday the 23rd of March i flew to Sydney with Jetstar. The flight was OK. Not too bumpy. It was my first time with Jetstar. They were ok. I stayed at the Cronulla Motor inn, a three star hotel in Cronulla. The accommodation was a bit basic but generally ok. In the evening we had dinner at the Cronulla Club which is a typical working man's club in Cronulla. The roast duck was great and I met some of Pauline's friends who had come down from Brisbane.

The next day was the wedding. I was asked to video it as no one else wanted to. That was the first time I have ever filmed a wedding. It was a good experience. The night went off really well and I feel that it was worth going to. Everybody appeared to enjoy themselves and it was a wonderful occasion.

On Sunday the 25th I flew back to Melbourne. I went to Cronulla station to catch the train back but has to take the bus to Central as there was maintenance work being done to the tracks. I made the train to the airport OK, which as a different experience and made it back to Bendigo ok. It was a tiring and expensive three days but I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...