Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Napoleon

Today I traveled to Melbourne to view the Napoleon exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV).. It was a really good interesting exhibition with lots of great displays and some very interesting facts. For example i did not know that a french explorer named Baudouin bought back lots of exhibits from Australia to France in Napoleon's time. Apparently, there were kangaroos and emus in the garden of Josephine, Napoleon's wife. It turns out that there were also Eucalyptus trees bought back to France at that time. So, Napoleon did have a connection with Australia. This was also my first visit to the NGV and I was glad I went down there.

Very interesting. I still got home in time to go to the gym. So it was a pretty interesting day after all.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...