Thursday, August 8, 2013

An overnight stay in Bendigo Hospital

The last two days have been eventful to say the least.
On Wednesday morning I visited to inquire about a sudden infection on my lower right leg.

It looked like a ripe sunburn but he doctor told me it was Cellulitis. A bug has got in under the skin and caused it to swell. He referred me to The Bendigo Base Hospital for an inspection and an overnight stay. The Doctors gave me a good examination, pumped some antibacterial fluid into me and gave me a bed for the night.

I did not have a good night's rest however as the ward was cold and it was a bit like Pitt St in there. Not a great place for sleeping. I was glad when they said I could go home and have the rest of my treatment at home. I could not stand another night in that place.
A couple of home nurses will visit me for the next three days to continue the treatment.
I should be OK by the end of next week.

No comments:

Our senior pastors are leaving at the end of the year

At the end of church this morning, we found out the sad news that our senior pastors Kerrin and Teagan Wallis will be leaving Bendigo in Dec...