Sunday, October 4, 2015

Grand Final weekend and my nephew gets married in Frankston.

This was quite a busy long weekend for me. On Saturday, I traveled down to Melbourne where I met my brother John and we drove down to Frankston on the Mornington Peninsula where we were due to attend the wedding of my nephew David lang and his fiancee Josie lamb. In Frankston we met up with other members of my family and had dinner at the Baxter Hotel. The other family members stayed at the Baxter for the night.

Saturday was also AFL Grand Final day in Melbourne. Hawthorn easily beat the West Coast Eagles to make it three premierships in a row.

Jon and I shared a hotel room in another Hotel. In the morning John got up early to watch Australia beat England in the Rugby World Cup. I slept through it, not interested in Rugby. Australia won well.

After breakfast we put on our suits and went to the wedding which was help at WhiteChapel receptions just outside of Frankston.

No need to get into details here, Only to say that it was a very nice wedding. Lots of fun.






No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...