Sunday, May 19, 2019

Eurovision and Australian Federal election weekend

Two important events happened this weekend. The Federal Election Firstly, we had a federal election on Saturday 18th of March. I am pleased to say that the Coalition Government, lead by Prime Minister Scott Morrison was returned. I am pleased about that because I quite like our Prime Minister and I really did not want to see another Labor Party Government in power. The Labor party rarely does a good job of governing federally.


The 2019 Eurovision Song Contest This year the Eurovision Song Contest was staged in Israel. They dis a fantastic job. I must say, Eurovison rarely disappoints and this one was no exception. The show was won by a Dutch guy who sang a song called "Arcade". The vote was a cliffhanger which was great. Our girl from Australia placed seventh.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...