Thursday, August 28, 2008

In hospital

On Wednesday the 27th of August i had to go to the Bendigo Hospital for an operation. I had to get a hernia that had developed on my belly button fixed up. I was elective surgery, which means that i did not have to get the operation done, but it was advisable that i do it as it could cause serious problems later, if unattended.

The operation went smoothly. I woke up feeling groggy and hungry. I had to stay overnight in a small hotel they have on the campus. The accommodation was good but i found it difficult to sleep. I just could not get comfortable or feel warm enough. I discharged myself as soon as possible. The bus went by the hospital at 6.30 am, butt here was not a bus to Flora Hill until 7.30 am so i walked home. I feel the walk did me good.

I contacted Ruth at BUCO to tell her why i will not be at work. She told me to take Friday off as well. I will certainly do that. I am in some discomfort but i am glad the operation has been done.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...