Thursday, April 9, 2009

Apology in order

I wish to open this particular post by offering an apology to Pastor Gordon Lingard who was Pastor of the Vineyard Church in Bendigo from 1999 to 2007. Pastor Gordon left Bendigo to take up a position in Geelong at the beginning of 2007 and was replaced by Pastor Phil Watson. Sadly, the church closed down in November 2008.

In my blog entry of the 9th of November 2008, I recorded what I thought I had heard said in the church meeting that morning…it transpires that these statements were inaccurately recorded and are untrue….and were not in fact targeted towards Pastor Lingard personally. Also any claims made have not been substantiated and are therefore under serious scrutiny.

At this point I would like to offer an unequivocal apology to Pastor Lingard regarding my blog entries of November 2008, which I have now withdrawn. I regret having caused him and his family some grief, which was never my intention.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...