Monday, December 28, 2009

Latest updates

I have not updated this page for a while as I am on holidays and away from my own computer. So here are the latest updates.

I spent christmas eve and christmas day at the Sargeants house in Cronulla. It rained all day Christmas day, so we did not go into the pool as usual. Only about 15 people attended, but that was ok. The Canberra Gates were not present nor were the Queensland Gates, Bill and Kirsten. We had cooked fish for lunch instead of a roast chicken or turkey. I got lots of presents, which was nice. Generally, it was a good day.

The following day, Boxing day, Mum and I flew out for Perth. The flight took about 5 hours. It was pretty smooth flying in an Airbus 330 200. We are staying with Bill at his house in Mullaloo, which is right on the beach.

On Sunday we attended church at 6.00 pm then went for dinner at Scarborough beach.

Yesterday, the 28th of December we travelled to Fremantle where we did a tour of the old Fremantle jail. It was interesting but scary. They had terrible conditions in the past. No wonder there were riots. We saw the place where people were hung.

We had lunch at a harbourside restaurant. I could not finish off the meal.

Today, i am on my own, exploring the city of Perth. It is nice to have a free day.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...