Monday, March 8, 2010

Lets back up a bit

I have not updated this blog for over a week so I will now recap.

Wednesday the 3rd March. Kept working on the Connect Church Website and made good progress. In the evening I went to Rod Geri's house for the men's Shiraz club meeting. Rod proudly showed off his new motorcycle. It is a rather flashy (and expensive looking) Harley Davidson which he just bought down from Sydney. Unfortunately it has stopped working on him so he will have to transport it to Shepparton to get it fixed, as there is no Harley-Davidson dealer in Bendigo. We also tried out his new outdoor spa, which was pretty cool. It was fun sitting in a spa and drinking red wine. Russell Treloar was there as well as Fraser Peirce, who told us he was going to move to Adelaide.

Friday the 5th of March. I had to leave BUCO after lunch as I was not feeling well. That rotten nausea has made a comeback. I must be eating the wrong thing! I felt really crook for the rest of the day and all night. I could not sleep all night and I was regularly vomiting.

Saturday the 6th of March. I decided to go to Casualty at the Bendigo Hospital. They took about 5 hours to see me. The doctor told me I had high blood pressure, which I know about, but he could not pinpoint a cause for my nausea. He gave me some tablets to help the condition.

Sunday the 7th of March. I felt better after a good nights sleep. At Connect Church we had a visiting pastor turn up who happens to be chaplain for the Victorian Motor racing association. He is an ex-cop who told some pretty cool stories. He also turned up in a 4 wheel drive dragging behind the longest trailer you ever saw. Apparently his trailer is used as a medical center as well as for accommodation.

Monday is the 8th of March. Today is the Labour day public holiday. It has been raining solidly for 3 days now. That is good because we need the rain. I kept working on the Connect Church website and also set up a new site for the upcoming Easter musical production.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...