Sunday, August 28, 2011

Long weekend in Sydney

To recap: I have been away since last friday (26th August). I flew to Sydney on Friday for the 40th birthday party of my younger sister Frances. When I got to the airport to check in, I found that the ticket agent had not included my baggage in the ticket so I had to pay an extra $40.00 to get my suitcase on board. I was really annoyed as this has not happened before. It an expensive enough weekend without having to fork out any extra.

The flight up was smooth enough. I stayed with my brother Bill who seems to be recovering well from his bike accident. His new unit In Neutral Bay is not bad. Not as nice as his old one. Smaller, but quite livable. The party was nothing flash but it was good to catch up with my relatives again. I also my met my future brother in law, Barry Whiley. He got engaged to my sister Pauline last week.

The other good news was that the Sydney Swans beat Geelong away and the Wallabies beat the Kiwis. It was a good day overall.

I flew back today. I caught the shuttle bus from the airport and was back home by 4.00 pm. It was a good trip but glad to be back here once more.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...