Thursday, July 16, 2009

A thursday to remember

Today was a thursday to remember - for all the right reasons. To begin with, early in the morning
I got a phone call from BEST Employment telling me that I did not have to come to the appointment as I had an exemption. That was cool as those meetings are usually boring anyway.

In the afternoon , I arranged an appointment to meet Ken Miller at Connect Church. Ken is the Development officer at the church. I showed him what I had done with the Vineyard web site and he was super impressed. The church had been having all sorts of problems getting a proper web site up and running. They had paid a local vendor $4000.00 to create a site, which they were dissatisfied with. I felt that it would be a better idea for them to develop a site from scratch, rather than use somebody else's template, which they cannot adapt for their own use.

Ken was happy with what I showed him and he arranged for me to meet with another chap in the church to discuss some future web plans. He said upon leaving that it was an answer to prayer that I had come to the church at this time.

Overall, i feel that it was a pretty productive day.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...