Saturday, December 27, 2008

T'was the Saturday after Christmas

I have not updated my blog recently as i have been away from Bendigo, visiting the family in Sydney. Here is an update of my progress.

Wednesday the 24th of December. Christmas Eve. I caught a Qantas flight to Sydney that left Melbourne at 1.30 pm. I was a bit late getting there and had to be rushed through check-in. The flight was ok, not too bumpy. When I got to Sydney, Kirsten greeted me, as she and Francis were now doing pick-up duty. My bag was put onto a later flight so i had to wait nearly an hour to pick it up. Pauline and I were staying with Mum. John and Lillian, plus Nick and Charlie and Alexandra came over for dinner as well. The kids are real live wires, so it was a fun dinner.

Thursday the 25th of December. Christmas Day 2008. We met at Mark and Lizzies new house in Cronulla. Literally, everybody was there. The whole family gathered plus a few extras including Mark's brother and Caitlin's boyfriend Jarrod. Christopher Gates was there as well. The day went off really well as I knew it would. There were plenty of presents and plenty of food as usual. The day started off cool but warmed up later so we could swim. In all, it was great to see all the family, youngest to oldest. This time nobody had to leave early which made it better. Lots of fun was had by all!

Friday the 26th of December. Boxing day. Today, I did as little as i possibly could. Watched the cricket and the start to the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. I went for a swim and a walk and not much else. Best way to spend Boxing day.


Saturday the 27th of December. I did very little all day. Feeling very lazy.

No comments:

Our senior pastors are leaving at the end of the year

At the end of church this morning, we found out the sad news that our senior pastors Kerrin and Teagan Wallis will be leaving Bendigo in Dec...