Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A momentous Wednesday

Today was a significant day in my life for two reasons.

1. Barack Obama is the new President of the USA (hooray) which means that George W. Bush is at last out of office. Hooray! I did not watch the inaugration on TV, but settled for watching the news replay's.

2. I visited the doctor again today to get the results of my blood test. Generally, most things were OK such as hemoglobin, cholesterol etc. But my blood sugar is a bit too high. I am going back to Pathology tomorrow to have it checked. The doctor said that to get my body mass index to the correct level, I need to weigh about 80 - 82kg. That means i need to loose about 44kg, which is about 100lbs. So I started my weight loss routine today. I will give up soft drinks, and start exercising according to the way recommended by Kathryn Avramakis. I will try to be about 80 kg by Christmas. I will pray that I stick to this task.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...