Friday, January 2, 2009

Into 2009

I did not update this blog on the first day of January in 2009 as i was still not connected to the internet when I got back from Sydney. I am slowly learning that it is not always a good idea to travel on a public holiday. It costs you more than a normal day.

Thursday the 1st of January 2008.

Mum and i left her apartment at 8.45 am to go to the airport. The flight left at 10.30 am and got to Melbourne at 12.00 noon. It was an uneventful flight. I waited for the bus to take me to Bendigo but it did not turn up for some reason? So i caught Skybus to the station but I had to wait an hour and a half for the train to turn up. Because it was a public holiday, the trains ran on Saturday time, ie every two hours, not one. So i had a bit of a wait. When i got to Bendigo station i found out that the buses were not running even though the signs were lit up so i had to catch a cab home which cost extra on the public holiday. When i got home i unpacked and had to clean up the fridge, which had gotten a bit moldy from being turned off. I walked up to the supermarket but i was a bit late getting there. They closed at 7.00 pm so i had to go to the convenience store and pay extra for things. I was very tired and irritable at the end of the day, but i was glad the day was finally over.

No comments:

Funeral of an old friend

This week, my good friend Colin Pilcher passed away after a fall at his home. I have known Colin for more than 40 years and it was sad to se...